Sunday, December 6, 2009

Ruby Lane's Official Kick Off!

I am really not sure what to put in my first post!  I will start with saying that I am a woman of many hats lol.  I painted wall murals professionally for 7 years in the Tampa Bay area of Florida, I have a perfume and bath and body line where I created 12 fragrances and they are carried in day spas and salons in Tampa Bay :)  My perfume line is my baby and I LOVE it.  I am my happiest when I am creating something.  When I first started my perfume line I had others do my logo and label design because I didn't know a program, although I had a flair for design.  I was never pleased with the labeling I ended up with so I got Photoshop CS3 and began learning all I could about graphics.  I ended up designing all of the labels for the perfumes etc.  I loved doing graphics SO much that I ventured out into the world of digital scrap booking as a hobby.  I had boxes of photos of my children and memory sticks full of photos and special memories to keep me busy for eons!  I started out downloading freebies and bought some designer kits.  There are so many wonderful digital designers on the web, their talent never ceases to amaze me.  I have my favorites :) and I browse their stores often.   Many of them have offered so many fabulous freebies and have inspired to dabble in design and now I get to give back and start offering some of my creations to you!  My favorite things to design are papers, I have to say, I think that is because of all the years of mural and faux finishing work I did and I have taken some of my finishes and turned them into papers.  I hope that I will gain some followers, some friends, and some expertise along the way on this blog.  Come back tomorrow for Ruby Lane's first FREEBIE!

No comments:

Post a Comment