Saturday, January 21, 2012

CT Spotlight - meet Amy!

HAPPY SATURDAY EVERYONE!!  I am having my first CT Spotlight of many more to come.  I have the pleasure and honor of having such an amazing, creative, and kindest team of girls that I just have to show them off!  Today we are going to talk about Amy! -- and just in case you are wondering, she actually spells her name with the "!", isn't that awesome?  Amy! has been with me for nearly 2 years and her work never ceases to amaze me.  I got down right personal with Amy! and this is what she had to say:

1. Can you tell us a little about yourself?  I’ve been with the hubby since 1991. I’ll be 40 this Feb. Surprised smile eek! and I have an 8 year old son. My greatest accomplishment.  Actually I’m a pretty boring girl...usually. But I do like to have fun from time to time. 

2. How long have you been digital scrapbooking?   First place I registered was Aug. 2007

3. How would you describe your scrapbooking style?  Total work in progress. I started with wanting the old paper look...now I’m totally addicted to clusters.. Shadow and cluster work is what I’m working on to improve. always learning!

4. What are your scrap habits?  Music, TV, coffee, special snack or time?  My computer sits right next to the TV...so I sit and play while the TV is on. usually while the hubby and son are out or in bed.


5. What software do you create on and what camera do you use?   I’m poor Winking smile so I’m working with old equipment...but both are decent and get the job done. Canon 20D and PSE6 (which btw I’ve misplaced the disk) knock on wood nothing happens.

6. What is your favorite 'go to" digi item when making a page? Templates!

7. When you are not scrapbooking, what are you doing?  Not Scrapbooking ?! really? heehe, no seriously living life like everyone else. Taking care of the house and family. Taking pictures, thinking of the next LO.
8. What is something funny that has happened to you recently? hmmmm, again, I’m boring. Can’t recall anything at the moment. I know, no fun.
9. What is one thing about you that people are surprised to learn?  I’m a young, sexy, funky girl stuck in the wrong body. So anything sexy and/or funky I love.

10.What is your fave Amber Shaw kit and why?  ooh boy let’s see...thinking thinking...ok, I really love all your flowers and pretty stuff but I’m going with a new one that’s a lil different and comes right to mind. Being a Mom to one wild kid and a big sexy man/hubby I’ll say, My Man.

Here are some of Amy!'s favorite layouts made from Amber Shaw kits, with her comments.  Check out this talent!

This is my BFF and I. These are my fav colors..notice my scarf...I love this lil mini (funky club vol. 2, week 8, amethyst) I think Amber should bring it back filled with more goodies.

Fresh and clean LO created with Delaney

This one came together very quickly using a Yesterday’s Cluster

A perfect match for my pictures of my son's themed birthday party. A collab called Paradise Falls

and a recent LO featuring my husband Jary, created with my new favorite kit - My Man

Isn't Amy!'s work just amazing??  I think so and to end this post - I will tell you 2 things.  Since My Man is Amy!'s favorite kit, it will be on sale at 30% off for the week.  Grab it while it's at a discount.  Secondly, I am going to show  you one of my favorite layouts of hers.

This layout Amy! created with Life is a Journey, is one of my favorites for many reasons.  I love that her whole family is in the layout , her journaling is sweet, and composition is fantastic.  Amy!'s clustering always blows me away and in this layout, it is no exception.  I also love how she used pops of the red so tastefully.

Thank you all for reading today's CT Spotlight.  I hope as scrappers and artist you have been able to draw inspiration from Amy!  I know I always do!  Enjoy your Saturday and be blessed!



1 comment: